Reviews of Modern Physics, Vol. 29, Number 3: "Relative State" Formulation of Quantum Mechanics
by Everett, Hugh; Wigner, Eugene P; Heisenberg, W.; Gupta, Suraj N
- very good
- Very Good
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
American Physical Society, 1957 4to (26.5 cm), PP. 255-546. Printed wrappers, in custom-made cloth box (wrappers little soiled and creased, corners missing). Hugh Everett III (1930-1982) was an American physicist and mathematician who is best known for his work on the "Relative State" formulation of quantum mechanics, first edition of it published here pp. 454-462. Everett introduced the concept of the "many-worlds" interpretation of quantum mechanics. According to the "many-worlds" interpretation, every possible outcome of a quantum measurement is realized in a different universe. This means that every time a quantum measurement is made, the universe splits into multiple parallel universes, each corresponding to a different possible outcome. This interpretation is in contrast to the more traditional "Copenhagen" interpretation of quantum mechanics, which holds that a quantum system exists in a state of superposition until it is observed, at which point its wave function collapses into a definite state. Also included in this issue "Relativistic Invariance and Quantum Phenomena" by Eugene P. Wigner; "Quantum Theory of Fields and Elementary Particles" by W. Heisenberg; "Einstein's and Other Theories of Gravitation" by Suraj N. Gupta and papers from the conference on the role of gravitation in physics (January 18-23, 1957).
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Leopolis Volodymyr Dmyterko (PL)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Reviews of Modern Physics, Vol. 29, Number 3: "Relative State" Formulation of Quantum Mechanics
- Everett, Hugh; Wigner, Eugene P; Heisenberg, W.; Gupta, Suraj N
- Soft cover
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity Available
- American Physical Society
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Leopolis Volodymyr Dmyterko
Any book may be returned within 14 days for any reason. All books remain our property until paid for in full. Export of books, manuscripts, maps etc. is subject to the Act of 23 July 2003 on the protection of arts and antiquities. Orders usually ship within 3 business days via priority or express mail, with tracking.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2019
Ask Seller a Question
About Leopolis Volodymyr Dmyterko
Bibliography, the art & history of the book, book collecting, science, old Church Slavonic books, books in Slavic languages.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The paper covering on the outside of a paperback. Also see the entry for pictorial wraps, color illustrated coverings for...
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...