Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Amsterdam: Paul Marret, 1697. A near fine copy, bound in contemporary full calf, with gilt decorated spine, edges speckled. Paper very crisp and clean. Text in French, "The art of Speaking". The fourth edition of a work originally published in 1675. Five books in one. Early ink signature to fronte pastedown. Engraved frontispiece, two colour title page with vignette, 382pp + 2pp catalogue.. Fourth Augmented Edition. Hardback. Very Good+. 12mo - over 6¾" - 7¾" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Rickaro Books Ltd (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- La Rhetorique ou L'Art De Parler
- Lamy, Bernard
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Fourth Augmented Edition
- Paul Marret
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- France French Amsterdam Early Printing Lamy Speaking Philosophy
- Bookseller catalogs
- 12mo - over 6¾" - 7¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Rickaro Books Ltd
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2018
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Ask Seller a Question
About Rickaro Books Ltd
At Rickaro Books, we have over 30 years experience in bookselling and customer care. We have a retail shop located in the historic town of Horbury and whilst we sell online, we always welcome visitors to the shop.We specialise in T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) but also carry a wide range of other titles across the fields of military, local history and first edition fiction. if you are seeking for a particular title, we are happy to assist and are always interested in purchasing good, collectable books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.