Richard Hakluyt, Editor. A study to the facsimile edition of Richard Hakluyt's 'Divers Voyages' (1582) to which is added a facsimile of 'A shorte and briefe narration of the two navigations to New Fraunce' Translated by John Florio (1580).
by David Beers Quinn (1909-2002) editor
- near fine
- Near Fine
Fort Worth, Texas
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
2 Volumes. xii+87 pages with double pages, portrait plate of Philip Sidney, facsimiles and index. 208 pages with two folding maps and facsimile of the 1582 edition. Small octavo (7 1/2" x 5 1/4") bound in original publisher's beige cloth with labels to spine in original decorative slip case. Divers Voyages Touching upon the Discoverie of America (London: Thomas Woodcocke, 1582), small quarto. The Divers Voyages is made up of three sections. Some copies (e.g. that in the National Library of Scotland) lack one or more of these sections, which were perhaps intended originally as separate tracts. Care needs to be taken in reporting this book: several facsimiles have been produced, at least one without any note by the publisher identifying it as such, and some library catalogs have erroneously described this as if an original. Condition: Slip case green and silver publisher' case with light rubbing to extremities, back head edge cracked else near fine in a very good slip case.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- The Book Collector ABAA, ILAB (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Richard Hakluyt, Editor. A study to the facsimile edition of Richard Hakluyt's 'Divers Voyages' (1582) to which is added a facsimile of 'A shorte and briefe narration of the two navigations to New Fraunce' Translated by John Florio (1580).
- David Beers Quinn (1909-2002) editor
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Quantity available
- Theatrum Orbis Terraum
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Voyages and Discovery;
- Small octavo
Terms of Sale
The Book Collector ABAA, ILAB
All items are guaranteed as described. If an item is not as described, it is returnable within seven days of receipt, unless other arrangements are made. Full refunds given only when items are received in the same condition in which they were sent. We require new customers to send payment with their order. Customers known to us will be invoiced with payment due in thirty days, unless prior arrangements are made. Institutions will be billed to meet their requirements. All items subject to prior sale. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express Please be advised that we can only ship to your billing address. We accept checks, but may require that the check clears before we ship an order. Prices of books do not include shipping. We use UPS domestically and internationally. Other shipping arrangements can be made. Shipping is always charged at cost. Texas residents must add 8.25% sales tax.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2005
Fort Worth, Texas
Ask Seller a Question
About The Book Collector ABAA, ILAB
The Book Collector specializes in the finest collections of Chess, Anthropology and American Literature. Visit our website at www.bookcollectorshop.com
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- slip case
- A protective sleeve, often made of decorative cardboard or leather which houses a book. It is open on one end, so as to allow...[more]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]