Rilke and Benvenuta: A Book of Thanks
by HATTINGBERG, Magda von
- Very Good in Good dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: W. W. Norton & Company, Inc.. Very Good in Good dust jacket. 1949. Hardcover. The friendship between Magda von Hattingberg and the noted Prague-born poet Rainer Maria Rilke is detailed through letters and diary entries in this collection. The two did not know one another when von Hattingberg (whom Rilke called Benvenuta) wrote to Rilke to praise his "Tales of the Almighty"; what followed was a voluminous correspondence and deep friendship. Rendered into English from the German by Cyrus Brooks. --- In full light blue cloth-covered boards with gilt-stamped spine titling on maroon blocks; volume in simple blue dust jacket. --- A clean, unmarked, firmly-bound copy but with slightly yellowed leaves and slight soiling to cloth. Price-clipped jacket with foxing and soiling, otherwise intact and in removable archival mylar protector.; Octavo (8 to 9 in. tall); 193 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Rilke and Benvenuta: A Book of Thanks
- HATTINGBERG, Magda von
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good in Good dust jacket
- W. W. Norton & Company, Inc.
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Poetry; >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]