LA ROJA: A JOURNEY THROUGH SPANISH FOOTBALL.
by BURNS, JIMMY:
Standard Delivery: 4 to 7 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
From its early beginnings,when the first football on the shores of Bilbao and Buenos Aires was played by British sailors and engineers,through to the influx of South American stars,and similarly inspirational Italians,Dutchman and Scandinavians,this lively and thoughtful history shows how the engagement of foreigners with home-grown Spanish talent overcame political adversity and produced football of sublime skill,passion,and unparalleled entertainment value. The book takes us on a journey through some of the extraordinary characters, games,and moments that have defined Spanish football; from the early days when a few enthusiasts developed their talent kicking a ball around on a piece of industrial waste-ground or beach,to the emergence of rival giants,FC Barcelona and Real Madrid - the most powerful and successful football clubs in the world - and a national team that,encompassing all that was most brilliant in the Spanish League,became the World Champions.
The author of a best-selling biography of Diego Maradona,and similarly widely acclaimed books on FC Barcelona and Real Madrid,Jimmy Burns digs deep into the roots of the most popular sport,to look at how football played in Spain became the most admired in the world.
Burns's books on Spanish and South American football have earned him a reputation internationally as a master of the genre,mixing acute observation,telling anecdote,and colourful profiles and interviews with players,managers and fans in an absorbing historical and social context.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ,for correct, insured shipping/P+p quotes - particularly ALL overseas buyers - BEFORE ordering through the order page!
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY. (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- LA ROJA: A JOURNEY THROUGH SPANISH FOOTBALL.
- BURNS, JIMMY:
- illus with contemporary b/w photographs.
- Book condition
- Used - FINE+.
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- UK,8vo HB+dw/dj,1st edn.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- LONDON.SIMON & SCHUSTER UK LTD,2012.
- This edition first published
- q52.GENERAL.UK,8vo HB+dw/dj,1st edn.ISBN 9780857206527.Spain_football_World Champions.Real Madrid_FC Barcelona_fans.Spain_football_players_managers_fans.Alfredo Di Stefano.European Cup_Champions League.La Liga.Jesus Gil.Pep Guardiola.Jose Mourinho.Raul.Ri
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
NO books will be sent 'ON APPROVAL' unless paid for in full and invoiced accordingly and with appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.If returned/declined monies refundable (P+p and any processing fees excluded). Other returns/refunds, only if book(s) are misdescribed,and then a) matches the invoice sent with it, b) returned in original packaging and state/condition sent out in,and received by buyer, c) and returned at the seller's original and actual shipping/P+p cost used when despatched to buyer - any excess cost borne at returnee's own expense. Notification of intent of return, required within 2 days of receipt of book please. 30 day return guarantee, for refund, (excluding P+p costs and any processing fees), for up to 30 days after delivery, only if an item arrives either misdescribed or damaged.Other returns accepted at seller's discretion. Orders processed same day,subject to time of receipt of order and payment, by end of P.O's business day, where applicable, and despatched the same day (weekends excluded). Shipping/P+p costs are based on books weighing 2.2Lb,or 1KG and UNINSURED, unless quoted otherwise. If your book order (P+p cost included/excluded) is in excess of 20.00 GBP,heavy or oversized, as per instruction, we'll contact you to let you know if extra shipping/insurance is required.Prices are nett, worldwide shipping/handling and registration/ insurance fees are extra.Books/orders in excess of 20.00 GBP will only be sent with appropriate insurance fees. So,for actual insured/registered shipping costs, prior contact with the seller, BEFORE ordering, is required at: email@example.com. All orders are wrapped in sellophane, then either bubble-wrapped or corrugated-card and then boxed.[US+CANADA only.] Items/orders over 20.00 GBP are automatically sent registered/insured either via PARCEL FORCE [insured].Or, International SIGNED For [insured] AIRMAIL,minimum of 6.50 GBP,in addition to P+p and subject to book('s) weight.Books WILL NOT be sent without appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.We use the Royal Mail for inland (UK)and most overseas deliveries.For most other International destinations,for orders/books in excess of 20.00 GBP,we use Royal Mail International Registered/SIGNED For minimum of 6.50 GBP (100gm),in addition to postage and subject to book('s) weight.UK addresses, orders/ books in excess of 20.00 GBP, sent Next Day Guaranteed Delivery [Minimum Insured up to 250 GBP automatically - at no fee,extra insurance can be bought upto 1,000 GBP and Maximum 2,500 GBP - enquire for costs.], minimum of 5.90 GBP per order, again subject to weight.
About the Seller
About R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- number line
- A series of numbers appearing on the copyright page of a book, where the lowest number generally indicates the printing of that...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- The Greek root for a variety of words referring to the book, such as bibliography, bibliomania, etc. Also, one of the world's...[more]
- The page on the right side of a book, with the term Verso used to describe the page on the left side.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Common term for the covers of a hardbound book. The term 'boards' refers to the thick cardboard under the paper or cloth...[more]