ROUGHING IT. [Travel.] [West.] [First Edition.]
by TWAIN, Mark [CLEMENS, Samuel L.]
- See description
Standard Delivery: 2 to 8 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Roughing It is a book of semi-autobiographical travel literature written by American humorist Mark Twain. It was written during 1870–71 and published in 1872 as a prequel to his first book Innocents Abroad. This book tells of Twain's adventures prior to his pleasure cruise related in Innocents Abroad. Roughing It follows the travels of young Mark Twain through the Wild West during the years 1861–1867.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Merchants Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- ROUGHING IT. [Travel.] [West.] [First Edition.]
- TWAIN, Mark [CLEMENS, Samuel L.]
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- First Edition, First Printing
- American Pub. Co
- Place of Publication
- Hartford, CT
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Merchants Rare Books
About the Seller
About Merchants Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A hardcover in which the text block is loose, but still attached to the binding.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Bibliography of American Literature (commonly abbreviated as BAL in descriptions) is the quintessential reference work for any...[more]
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process...[more]
- Common abbreviation for 'published'
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.