Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Sad Cypress (Fontana Books) 1st thus.
Fontana Books, London/Glasgow, 1959, 1st thus., paperback, G- 191 pp.
No loose pages, inscription or annotations, binding sound, gentle lean to the spine, lightly tanned, foxed edges and prelims. Covers foxed inside, several marks on back (see scan), reading crease, rubs to edges and fore-edge corners, rubs to spine strip with 2.5cm chip to tail and 2cm split to one side of head.
FICTION, COLLECTABLE PAPERBACK, 1ST THUS, FONTANA BOOKS, CRIME, AGATHA CHRISTIE, MURDER, DETECTIVE STORY, HERCULE POIROT
44565 hb 30 COLL/PBACK/CRIME/C £11.50
Sad Cypress is a work of detective fiction by Agatha Christie and first published in the UK by the Collins Crime Club in March 1940 and in the US by Dodd, Mead and Company later in the same year. The UK edition retailed at eight shillings and threepence (8/3) – the first price rise for a UK Christie edition since her 1921 debut - and the US edition retailed at $2.00. The novel is notable for being the first courtroom drama in the Poirot series.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Daisyroots Books Ltd (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Sad Cypress (Fontana Books) 1st thus.
- CHRISTIE, Agatha
- Book condition
- Used - Good-
- Quantity available
- 1st thus
- Fontana Books
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- FICTION, COLLECTABLE PAPERBACK, 1ST THUS, FONTANA BOOKS, CRIME, AGATHA CHRISTIE, MURDER, DETECTIVE STORY, HERCULE POIROT
- Bookseller catalogs
- FICTION pulp;
Terms of Sale
Daisyroots Books Ltd
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Daisyroots Books Ltd
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- spine strip
- The material covering the spine, or the rear portion of the outside of a book.
- 1st thus
- Indicates that this is not the first appearance of a book in print, but that this is the first appearance in a substantially...[more]
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process...[more]