Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
1935. TALBOT, Francis. SAINT AMONG SAVAGES: THE LIFE OF ISAAC JOGUES. NY: Harper and Brothers, 1935. 8vo., red cloth. First Edition. Signed presentation from Talbot on the dedication page: "To Marguerite Swanton, who has so generously and so efficiently taken this book under her [illegible word]- during all the processes from manuscript to the present beautiful format- with gratitude- Francis Talbot." A French missionary among the Indian tribes of North America in the 17th century. Good (some wear & sunning edges, flaps of dust jacket laid in). $125.00.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Antic Hay Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 10 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2007
Asbury Park, New Jersey
Ask Seller a Question
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The portion of a book cover or cover jacket that folds into the book from front to back. The flap can contain biographical...[more]