La Salle and the Discovery of the Great West (Part Third, France and England in North America; The Pocket Parkman series)
by PARKMAN, Francis
- Good with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Boston: Little, Brown and Company. Good with no dust jacket. 1911. Leather. Part three only in the publisher's series "The Pocket Parkman" detailing the explorations of Robert de La Salle in the Great Lakes and upper Mississippi regions. The noted American historian Francis Parkman, Jr. (1823-1893) was a Bostonian and who is perhaps best known for his "The Oregon Trail: Sketches of Prairie and Rocky-Mountain Life". With at least 2 fold-out maps and a frontis illustration depicting the assassination of La Salle. --- In flexible pebbled leather covers, top edge gilt and gilt-stamped spine titling and decorations. --- With small missing piece of leather at head of spine, and partial separation of cover leather from its underlying paper base and dulling to textblock gilding, else a firm, clean copy.; 16mo (6 to 7 in. tall); 522 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- La Salle and the Discovery of the Great West (Part Third, France and England in North America; The Pocket Parkman series)
- PARKMAN, Francis
- Book condition
- Used - Good with no dust jacket
- Little, Brown and Company
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>American History & Politics;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Pebbled cloth or leather describes the covering of a hardcover ... [More]
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]