The Secret and Other Stories: First Edition signed by the Author
by MILNE, A. A
- See description
CHELTENHAM, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
SIGNED BY AUTHOR, FIRST EDITION, no. 542 of 700 copies only, publishers red buckram cloth, original paper label pasted to spine, original glassine wrapper, 8vo, New York, The Fountain Press, 1929
A collection of four short stories, from the author of 'Winnie the Pooh'. After publishing his principal four Winnie the Pooh books, Milne continued to pursue his other literary pursuits producing the stories of "The Secret and Other Stories". Each story appeared separately in serials between 1918 and 1926. Two of the constituent stories, "Mullins" and "The Return", have direct relevance to the Great War. Milne was prolific in his work, enjoying writing verse, play and prose which was not encouraged by his Winnie the Pooh followers. Milne wasn't interested in returning to subjects he had already covered, especially Winnie the Pooh, as his son and key source of inspiration had grown older. His publisher, Methuen, continued to issue whatever Milne produced with approximately twenty five further works of novels, plays, political polemics and essays.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Bruce Marshall Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Secret and Other Stories
- MILNE, A. A
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- The Fountain Press
- Place of Publication
- New York City
- Date Published
- Milne, signed, secret,
Terms of Sale
Bruce Marshall Rare Books
About the Seller
About Bruce Marshall Rare Books
Our particular specialities are fine natural history books, atlases & cartography, voyages & discovery, early illustrated books, important books in the history of science and astronomy, fine works from the Kelmscott Press, old engravings and photographs.
The books and manuscripts listed here are a selection of our stock.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Glassine Wrapper
- A thin, partially transparent or translucent paper covering often used ...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- A plain weave fabric normally made from cotton or linen which is stiffened with starch or other chemicals to cover the book...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...