Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: The Riccardi Press Books / Philip Lee Warner, Publisher, 1921. Paper Copy Number 752 of 1025. Portrait & Title Page Design Engraved on the Wood by William Nicholson. Cream boards, gilt title on spine and front, pale pink/cream marbled endpapers, 144 deckled, number pages. Dark green ribbon attached. Boards mottled, curled outwards, subtle tear (/14 inch) on front at head of spine, remnants of tape on paste-downs, pages darkened around edges, ffep lightly chipped on fore edge, previous owner's (Kenneth Porter Kirkwood, author/diplomat) stamp in ink on top of 5 pages, occasional light smudging. Binding tight. Overall, good plus. . First Edition. Hard Cover. Good Plus/No DJ. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Lindenlea Books (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Selected Poems of Thomas Hardy
- Hardy, Thomas
- Book condition
- Used - Good Plus
- Jacket condition
- No DJ
- First Edition
- The Riccardi Press Books / Philip Lee Warner, Publisher
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Thomas Hardy
- Bookseller catalogs
- Poetry; Thomas Hardy Related;
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
We guarantee the condition of every book as it is described. If you are not satisfied with your purchase or if the order hasn't arrived, you are eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery date.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2019
Ask Seller a Question
About Lindenlea Books
We are located in Ottawa (Ontario, Canada), and started selling books online in 2009. We offer a wide range of topics, with a focus on signed modern Canadian first editions. Please feel free to contact us by email if you have a question regarding any of our books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- fore edge
- The portion of a book that is opposite the spine. That part of a book which faces the wall when shelved in a...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.