Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Ruskin, John. Selections from the Writings of John Ruskin. Smith Elder. 1863. 8vo. Contemporary full tree calf, gilt border, decorative edges and dentils. 5 raised bands, gilt decoration in each compartment, except calf gilt title piece in 2. All edges gilt. Marble end papers. Bound by H. Wood. Tissue guarded portrait frontis, with some foxing, title, publishers ads, contents [v] - vii, pp 440. The book includes Ruskin's writings relating to Scenes of Travel, Characteristics of Nature, Paintings and Painters, Architecture and Sculpture, Ethical matters. A fine book in all aspects.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Roz Hulse (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Selections from the Writings of John Ruskin.
- John Ruskin
- Contemporary full tree calf, gilt border, decorative edges and dentils. 5 raised bands, gilt decoration in each compartment, exc
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- Smith Elder.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Goods remain the property of Roz Hulse until payment is cleared. All goods are returnable if you are not happy with your purchase. You must contact me within 7 days of receipt for return and refund instructions. When item is received in the same condition as sent a full refund is given. I look forward to providing you with the book or map you are seeking and giving you the best customer care.
About the Seller
About Roz Hulse
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]