A Sentimental Journey and The Journal to Eliza (Everyman's Library #796)
by STERNE, Laurence
- Good+ with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London / New York: Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.. Good+ with no dust jacket. 1960. Hardcover. A 1960 reprint of the 1927 issuance. An Everyman's Library edition presenting works of the 18th Century British novelist and clergyman Laurence Sterne. His "A Sentimental Journey Through France and Italy" was described by George Saintsbury as a "work of art." Also with 2 items related to his infatuation with Mrs. Eliza Draper: "The Journal to Eliza" and "Letters to Eliza." with an introduction by Daniel George. Everyman's Library #796, an entry in EL's "Essays and Belles-Lettres" series. --- In binding style 4, full rust cloth-covered boards with gilt-stamped spine titling, pale orange topstain and gilt interlocked "EL" in script at tail of spine. Volume lacks the dust jacket. --- With prior owner's signature to front free endpaper and frequent inked markings within the text, otherwise a sound copy.; 12mo - 7 to 7-1/2 in. tall; xix, 222 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- A Sentimental Journey and The Journal to Eliza (Everyman's Library #796)
- STERNE, Laurence
- Book condition
- Used - Good+ with no dust jacket
- Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.
- Place of Publication
- London / New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The heel of the spine.