by BURGESS, Anthony
- Very Good+ in Very Good- dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Alfred A. Knopf. Very Good+ in Very Good- dust jacket. 1970. First American Edition. Hardcover. Stated first American edition. The acclaimed British novelist Anthony Burgess has also written classical music, plays, screenplays and many non-fiction works. In this one, he attempts to flesh out the life and personality of William Shakespeare. With text by Burgess, 48 color plates and 97 black & white illustrations. This work previously published in the U.K. by George Rainbird, Ltd. --- In full brown cloth-covered boards with titling and decorations in silver to black spine blocks. Jacket features painted portrait of Shakespeare to back cover. --- A very nice copy, clean, and bright but with a hint of sunning to edges of cloth. Unclipped jacket with a little yellowing and light chafing to edges, otherwise bright, intact and protected in clear removable mylar wrapper.; Small Quarto (9 to 11 in. tall); 272 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- BURGESS, Anthony
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+ in Very Good- dust jacket
- First American Edition
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]