Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Shane - Jack Schaefer (Rare Western 1st Edition Early Printing 1949 Hardcover w/ DJ) Lone Gunfighter Film Adaptation
**This book has a printing/binding error between pages 152-169, where pages 89-104 were duplicated and inserted at that location. In addition, pages 153-168 were never included in this copy.**
Please note that this is an early printing given the price and lack of subsequent printings; however it is NOT a first printing given the color of the hardcover and the title page does not list a year.
Copyright 1949, published by Houghton Mifflin Company (Boston). Dust jacket in protective mylar is price clipped. Jacket shows wear along the edges and hinges, as well as a black mark/streak on the rear. Blue hardcover has a heavily bumped spine tail and nick along the rear bottom-edge. There are a handful of pages (such as pg. 1-4, 5-8, 209-212, 213-end) that have not been "cut" so it appears the book has gone unread; some of the page ends in these sections have small tears. Also, there is the printing error outlined above that makes it impossible to read the entire story. Inscription on the front free endpaper; no other writing. Overall, it is in Very Good Plus (VG+) condition and an unusual copy for a collector wanting something unique!!!
Shane, a stranger the Starretts take into their home in Wyoming in 1889, becomes involved in a feud between the cattle ranger and the local homesteaders.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Bronze Anthology LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Jack Schaefer
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition, Early Printing
- Houghton Mifflin Company
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Shane, Jack Schaefer, Rare, Western, 1st Edition, Early Printing, 1949, Hardcover, Lone Gunfighter, Film Adaptation, Book to Film,
- Bookseller catalogs
- 20th Century Fiction; First Edition;
Terms of Sale
Bronze Anthology LLC
About the Seller
About Bronze Anthology LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]