by Gillian Flynn
- near fine
Standard Delivery: 5 to 10 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Shaye Areheart Books, 2006. SIGNED. 1st/1st. NF/NF. Stated First Edition. First printing with complete 10 number line ending in 1. Signed by Gillian Flynn on the title page. The book is tight and square with solid hinges, good tips, and clean unmarred boards. Spine heel gently pushed. Textblock is clean with no writing, bookplate, or markings and not BCE, ex-library or remaindered. Dust jacket is unclipped ($24.00) with light rubbing. Protected in a new Brodart Mylar cover. Debut novel.
Fresh from a brief stay at a psych hospital, reporter Camille Preaker faces a troubling assignment: she must return to her tiny hometown to cover the murders of two preteen girls. For years, Camille has hardly spoken to her neurotic, hypochondriac mother or to the half-sister she barely knows: a beautiful thirteen-year-old with an eerie grip on the town. Now, installed in her old bedroom in her family's Victorian mansion, Camille finds herself identifying with the young victims—a bit too strongly. Dogged by her own demons, she must unravel the psychological puzzle of her own past if she wants to get the story—and survive this homecoming.
WICKED above her hipbone, GIRL across her heart Words are like a road map to reporter Camille Preaker's troubled past. Fresh from a brief stay at a psych hospital, Camille's first assignment from the second-rate daily paper where she works brings her reluctantly back to her hometown to cover the murders of two preteen girls.NASTY on her kneecap, BABYDOLL on her legSince she left town eight years ago, Camille has hardly spoken to her neurotic, hypochondriac mother or to the half-sister she barely knows: a beautiful thirteen-year-old with an eerie grip on the town. Now, installed again in her family's Victorian mansion, Camille is haunted by the childhood tragedy she has spent her whole life trying to cut from her memory.HARMFUL on her wrist, WHORE on her ankleAs Camille works to uncover the truth about these violent crimes, she finds herself identifying with the young victims--a bit too strongly. Clues keep leading to dead ends, forcing Camille to unravel the psychological puzzle of her own past to get at the story. Dogged by her own demons, Camille will have to confront what happened to her years before if she wants to survive this homecoming.With its taut, crafted writing, Sharp Objects is addictive, haunting, and unforgettable.From the Hardcover edition.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Armadillo Alley Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Sharp Objects
- Gillian Flynn
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity available
- First Edition / First Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Shaye Areheart Books
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- First Editions; Signed Books;
Terms of Sale
Armadillo Alley Books
About the Seller
About Armadillo Alley Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- number line
- A series of numbers appearing on the copyright page of a book, where the lowest number generally indicates the printing of that...[more]
- The lower most portion of the spine when the book is standing vertically.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Generally used to refer to a clear plastic cover that is sometimes added to the dustjacket or outside covering of a book. The...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.