Shilling for Candles, A
by TEY, Josephine [Elizabeth MacKintosh]
Standard Delivery: 10 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
JOSEPHINE TEY is one of the best-known and best-loved of all crime writers. She began to write full-time after the successful publication of her first novel, The Man in the Queue , which introduced Inspector Grant of Scotland Yard. In 1937 she returned to crime writing with A Shilling for Candles , but it wasn't until after theSecond World War that the majority of her crime novels were published. Josephine Tey died in 1952, leaving her entire estate to the National Trust. From the Paperback edition.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Anglophile Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Shilling for Candles, A
- TEY, Josephine [Elizabeth MacKintosh]
- Softcover; Mass Market PB
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Collier Books
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- c1936, 1988
- British Woman Author, Mystery, Murder Mystery, Film tie-in, England, Young and Innocent
- Bookseller catalogs
- Mystery; Anglophile Mystery; British Women Authors; At the Movies;
Terms of Sale
All books subject to prior sale. All dust wrappers in protective mylar covers. Visa & Mastercard happily accepted at our secure (SSL) web site AnglophileBooks.com. Digital photograph of book available upon request. Media shipping in US; $4.85 for 1st book, $1.00 each additional. Please visit our web site for usually lower, priority & international rates as well as titles not yet listed with Biblio. We are required to collect 9.0% sales tax on orders shipped to California addresses unless you have a valid resale number. We accept US$ and � checks, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover at our secure (SSL) web site AnglophileBooks.com. Reciprocal trade courtesies extended except on certain consignment items. Returns accepted with prior notification. Please email for availability and confirmation.
About the Seller
About Anglophile Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- Mass Market
- Mass market paperback books, or MMPBs, are printed for large audiences cheaply. This means that they are smaller, usually...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]