by Vale, Edmund
- See description
Newbury, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Robert Hale, 1949. 1st edition.. Hardback. Cloth, VG. xii+236pp, b/w frontis, 48pp b/w plates, folding map, index, spine letterig dulled, edges bumped, a solid reading copy. Publishers County Books series. The history & topography of Shropshire.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
All our books offered are in at least good condition, with the majority very good and better. Descriptions are brief, but PLEASE ask for more detail if required. We can scan books & jackets, signatures etc. MINOR inscriptions ignored in NON FICTION titles, unless really detrimental to the book - but then a 150 year old ink name adds character surely? Modern hardbacks are described as being Cloth bound, even though predominantly they come in paper covered boards pressed to look like cloth. Book grades are given book then dustjacket (if any) Running from F - Fine, VG - Very Good, G - Good, P - Poor. A fine book will look almost like the day it was bought, a VG one will have some evidence of prior ownership, G means a nice clean copy, obviously secondhand & P implies a COMPLETE copy that has suffered a hard life & will need some TLC. We take into account the books age when grading, so a 250 year old book graded as VG will look more second hand that a 5 year old book graded the same. On the Net since 1998. All prices are in GBP. Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard, Switch & Solo or JCB. After your order is placed, FAX your card details etc to +44 (0)1635 48444. Any Book may be returned - but please let us know prior to sending a book back. We wrap each book individually and don't just stick em in a jiffy bag with a prayer. Paperbacks are packed with card stiffeners. WE BUY BOOKS! Happy reading!
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Eastleach Books
Mail Order & Internet Business specialising in Academic Non Fiction on all subjects. Books from 1500 - 2006. Images available on Request.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Reading Copy
- Indicates a book that is perfectly serviceable for reading. It may have a defect or damage. As such, reading copy is not a...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...