Shroud For A Nightingale (Signed By The Author)
by James, P.D
- near fine
- Near Fine/Near Fine
Market Harborough, Leicestershire
Standard Delivery: 14 to 21 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The First UK printing published by Faber in 1971.The BOOK is in near FINE condition.Light pushing to the spine ends.Gilt titling remains bright.Mild water staining to the lower front board with resultant light staining to the lower front pastedown.Light toning to the text block otherwise the book is in lovely condition.The scarce paper WRAPPER is complete and is in near FINE condition.Mild creasing to the spine ends with light rubbing to the spine folds.Very light toning to the spine lettering.The wrapper looks very attractive in the removable Brodart archival protector. The wrapper is commonly found in damaged condition but this is certainly the nicest copy we have handled. The book has been Inscribed and Signed by the Author to the title page:'For Gordon Harrison,with every good wish for the future,P.D.James,26 august 1988'.The author's scarce fourth novel and an Inspector Dalgliesh Title. Collectible.Ashtonrarebooks welcomes direct contact.
Shroud for a Nightingale is a 1971 detective novel written by PD James in her Adam Dalgliesh series. Chief Superintendent Adam Dalgliesh of Scotland Yard is called in to investigate the death of two student nurses at the hospital nursing school of Nightingale House. The novel was adapted as a television miniseries by Anglia Television in 1984, with Roy Marsden as Dalgliesh and Joss Ackland as the surgeon, Stephen Courtney-Briggs. Lennard Pearce and Buster Merryfield also featured in the series.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Ashton Rare Books ABA, PBFA, ILAB (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Shroud For A Nightingale (Signed By The Author)
- James, P.D
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity available
- First UK Edition
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Ashton Rare Books ABA, PBFA, ILAB
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Ashton Rare Books ABA, PBFA, ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Generally used to refer to a clear plastic cover that is sometimes added to the dustjacket or outside covering of a book. The...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]