Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Charles Scribner & Sons, 1956. Hardcover. Good/Good. 8vo. 433 pages, indexed. Hardcover with a blue and black dust jacket, which is not price-clipped. The jacket is worn and dust-stained. The rear panel of the jacket shows heavy rubbing. A sound copy. Top edge dust-stained and other edges a bit foxed. Prior owner's signature on the front flyleaf. The text is unmarked, but the book apparently had been in storage and has a musty aroma within. It may air out over time. Thus a reading or reference copy.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Pages Past Used and Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Sickles the Incredible
- Swanberg, W. A
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- Charles Scribner & Sons
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- 1956; W. A. Swanberg; Daniel Edgar Sickles; Politician; Democratic Senator; New York; Gettysburg; Civil War
- Bookseller catalogs
- Political Science; Civil War;
Terms of Sale
Pages Past Used and Rare Books
14 day return guarantee, with full refund if an item arrives mis-described or damaged. Buyer pays return shipping.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2017
Greensboro, North Carolina
Ask Seller a Question
About Pages Past Used and Rare Books
Pages Past is a small used & rare bookshop located a few blocks from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Since 1996 we have been serving the Triad community as well as customers from around the world. We have around 15-20,000 volumes in our shop. We specialize in North Carolina, Virginia, Civil War, Old Leather, Christianity, Eastern and Western Philosophies, and the simply unusual. We very likely have the oldest books in Greensboro; we keep a nice selection of antiquarian volumes and scholarly books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]