Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Silent Spring is a book written by Rachel Carson and published by Houghton Mifflin in September 1962. The book is widely credited with helping launch the environmental movement. When Silent Spring was published, Rachel Carson was already a well-known writer on natural history, but had not previously been a social critic.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Silent Spring.
- Carson, Rachel
- Book condition
- Houghton Mifflin Company
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Rachel Carson Autograph, Rachel Carson Signed First Edition, Silent Spring First Edition, Silent Spring Signed First Edition
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
About Raptis Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- clamshell box
- A protective box designed for storing and preserving a bound book or loose sheets. A clamshell box is hinged on one side, with...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]