Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Silent Spring is a book written by Rachel Carson and published by Houghton Mifflin in September 1962. The book is widely credited with helping launch the environmental movement. When Silent Spring was published, Rachel Carson was already a well-known writer on natural history, but had not previously been a social critic.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- KALAMOS BOOKS (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Silent Spring
- Carson, Rachel
- drawings by Lois and Louis Darling
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Houghton Mifflin.
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- POLLUTION ECOLOGY ENVIRONMENT
- Bookseller catalogs
- Nature & Wildlife;
Terms of Sale
All books are carefully described. If the book you receive does not match,then please contact Kalamos Books, so we can address the problem. We can accept payments (Cash, Cheques, Postal Orders and International Money Orders)in your choice of the following currencies - CAN $, US$, UK Pounds and Euros - enquire for quotes at the current rate of exchange.
About the Seller
About KALAMOS BOOKS
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]