by Francis, Dick & Francis, Felix. Francis, Felix
Standard Delivery: 14 to 21 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
"A rare and exquisite story...Transports you out of time, out of place, into a world you can feel on your very skin." -Elizabeth Gilbert In the sweeping tradition of The English Patient , Janice Y.K. Lee's debut novel is a tale of love and betrayal set in war-torn Hong Kong. In 1942, Englishman Will Truesdale falls headlong into a passionate relationship with Trudy Liang, a beautiful Eurasian socialite. But their affair is soon threatened by the invasion of the Japanese as World War II overwhelms their part of the world. Ten years later, Claire Pendleton comes to Hong Kong to work as a piano teacher and also begins a fateful affair. As the threads of this spellbinding novel intertwine, impossible choices emerge-between love and safety, courage and survival, the present, and above all, the past.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Cocksparrow Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Francis, Dick & Francis, Felix. Francis, Felix
- Book condition
- Used - F/F/F.
- Quantity available
- Fifth Edition, 1st. Imp..
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Michael Joseph
- Place of Publication
- London UK. 368
- Date published
- Adventure, Adventure / thriller, Crime & mystery, Thriller / suspense, Fiction / Action & Adventure, Fiction, General, Crime & Thriller
- Bookseller catalogs
- Crime, Thrillers & Mystery;
- 23.6 x 16.2 x 3.6 cm
Terms of Sale
We offer a 30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs. This applies for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged.
About the Seller
About Cocksparrow Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Indicates that the affected part of the book has been impacted in such a way so as to cause a flattening, indention, or light...[more]