Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Orange City, IA: Pluim Publishing Inc., 1983. Book. NF. Hardcover. First Edition. The book is bound in blue/gray cloth-covered boards with gilt Seal of the County of Sioux Iowa on the front and gilt title on the spine. There are no defects to note on the book. Dust jacket is rubbed, but no tears. End pages are a color map of the county with points of interest and history numbered and located in the county. There are a total of 6 maps listed and 25 chapters from the Geological Foundations of the region; the Indians of Siouxland; Discovery and Discoverers; Organization of the towns; on through each phase of its growth and development. Numerous black and white photos of people, places and events of importance to the county. NOTE: THIS HEAVY BOOK MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL POSTAGE, PLEASE CONTACT SELLER BEFORE ORDERING..
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- K. L. Givens Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Siouxland: A History of Sioux County, Iowa
- Nieuwenhuis, G. Nelson
- Book condition
- Used - NF
- Jacket condition
- First Edition
- Pluim Publishing Inc.
- Place of Publication
- Orange City, IA
- Date published
- IOWA; COUNTY HISTORY; GENEALOGY
Terms of Sale
K. L. Givens Books
CHRISTMAS 2020 ALERT. Due to the recent delays at regional post office processing centers, media mail deliveries have become extremely slow. If you can not wait several weeks for your book to arrive, select the priority mail option.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Ask Seller a Question
About K. L. Givens Books
Our home-based business is located in the beautiful Ozarks of northwest Arkansas. We began selling books in 1992 and still enjoy searching for treasures to list on the internet. We are not mega-sellers; instead we select our inventory for condition and rarity. Among our favorites are 19th century classics in decorative bindings; regional histories and genealogies; and military history.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]