Sketch of the antiquities of the ancient city of Worcester, illustrated with fourteen copper-plates of perspective views of its public buildings, &c. [Bound with:] Memoirs of King Charles I and the Loyalists who suffered in his Cause. Chiefly extracted from Clarendon's History of the Rebellion.
- very good
- Very Good
Worcester, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: London: printed for and sold by Greenland & Norris, Finsbury Square, 1805. 1st Edition . Full leather. Very Good. Two separate works in one volume. First editions, octavo. Sketch of Worcester: , 16pp, with full complement of 14 engraved plates, one folding. Memoirs of Charles I: , 22, [ii]pp, complete with engraved title-page bearing portrait of Charles I and 17 engraved portrait plates together with closing publisher's adverts. In contemporary full speckled leather (lightly worn with minor loss to extremities), gilt rolls to board margins, spine gilt, gilt lettered black leather spine label, marbled endpapers with internal hinges expertly reinforced in matching blue cloth, twentieth century ownership label to front blank, sporadic light paper browning and unobtrusive soiling, overall an attractive complete copy of these two uncommon illustrated titles. The Sketch of Worcester is listed in ESTC (T155523) since it was previously thought to have been printed around 1760; 4xUK institutional locations cited.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Lyppard Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Sketch of the antiquities of the ancient city of Worcester, illustrated with fourteen copper-plates of perspective views of its public buildings, &c. [Bound with:] Memoirs of King Charles I and the Loyalists who suffered in his Cause. Chiefly extracted from Clarendon's History of the Rebellion.
- Full leather
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity Available
- 1st Edition
- London: printed for and sold by Greenland & Norris, Finsbury Square
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- worcester worcestershire guide engravings illustrated plates charles I monarch regicide english civil war biography biographies boscobel parliamentarian royalist cavalier roundhead inter-regnum commonwealth
- Bookseller catalogs
- Antiquarian books; Antiquarian History; Antiquarian Worcestershire;
Terms of Sale
All our books are covered by our 30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are offered subject to prior sale. Postage is charged at extra cost which will vary according to book weight, value and speed of shipping; for large items or sets please contact us to confirm shipping costs before ordering. Any order made from this site is subject to our standard terms of business, whereby title to any goods does not transfer from the seller until payment is received in full, and is made under British law.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2018
Ask Seller a Question
About Lyppard Books
Lyppard Books was established in Worcester, UK, in 2012, adopting the unusual name from Lyppard Grange, once a farm attached to the monastery of Worcester's ancient cathedral. We maintain a small and select stock of English and Continental antiquarian titles from the dawn of western printing to the 19th century, and aim to offer original, early examples of scarce and sought-after texts.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Spine Label
- The paper or leather descriptive tag attached to the spine of the book, most commonly providing the title and author of the...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...