The Sleep of Reason: Lyle Bongé's Ultimate Ash-Hauling Mardi Gras Photographs
by Lyle Bongé, James Leo Herlihy, Jonathan Williams
- very good
Standard Delivery: 4 to 12 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
"Here is another book you can either attribute benignly to Black Mountain College or curse it for."
Starkly vivid and often grotesquely personal portraits taken by Lyle Bongé during visits to New Orleans for Mardi Gras throughout the early sixties. This stunning collection is prefaced by interview of Bonge conducted by fellow BMC alumnus, writer James Leo Herlihy. Preface by Jonathan Williams.
Landscape format quarto with full-page black-and-white photographs. 17 pages,  pages of illustrations. Paperback with the usual wear to the edges of cover and spine; price sticker on back cover and residue of an earlier sticker on the front cover.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Black Mountain College Museum + Arts Center Bookstore (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Sleep of Reason
- Lyle Bongé, James Leo Herlihy, Jonathan Williams
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- The Jargon Society
- Place of Publication
- Highlands, NC
- Date published
- photography, mardi gras, lyle bonge, photos, black mountain college
- Bookseller catalogs
- Photography; The Jargon Society;
Terms of Sale
Black Mountain College Museum + Arts Center Bookstore
100% of BMCM+AC's proceeds from your purchase supports museum exhibitions, publications, education, and events. Visit blackmountaincollege.org to learn more about what we do!
About the Seller
About Black Mountain College Museum + Arts Center Bookstore
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]