Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: William Heinemann Ltd., 1954. Cover: red cloth with gilt titles. Small stain to foot of spine and small sunning to head of spine rear corner. Light foxing to head edge and faint few only to fore-edge. Tiny name stamp to head ffep and booksellers sticker to bottom. Light old faded foxing splotches to title page otherwise clean content, b/w illustrations, binding tight. 249p Dj: moderate foxing (mostly to rear jacket), light sunning to spine. Head & foot of spine with thin wear, small tears and chips. Head of spine missing 2 x 1 cm and small open piece missing. Head edge with some small tears and chips.. First Edition. Hb. VG/VG.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- BOOKMARK Ltd (NZ)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Slide Rule: The Autobiography of an Engineer
- Shute, Nevil
- Book condition
- Used - VG
- Jacket condition
- First Edition
- William Heinemann Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Will reimburse cost of book, if not as described.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Ask Seller a Question
About BOOKMARK Ltd
BOOK.MARK carries a large inventory of most subjects, the majority of which are not listed on the Net.Open 7 days.Shop has a great atmospere and plenty of memorabilia and curios to add to the pleasures of browsing the shelves.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Very Good Condition book with a Very Good Condition dust jacket. Very Good Condition indicates a used book that does show some...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]