Smoke from This Altar
by L'Amour, Louis
- Very Good with no dust jacket
Moab, Utah, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Oklahoma City: Lusk Publishing Company. Very Good with no dust jacket. 1939. First Edition; First Printing. Hardcover. Green cloth boards, blank spine, title in black lettering on cover. Tight binding. Light rubbing to corners, otherwise in very good condition. Inscribed by author on front endpaper: "To Bob and Robertato old friends, there from the earliest years, Louis L'Amour." During production of a film adaptation for one of his novels, L'Amour and the cast signed a number of his works, including this book, his first publication a decade before his Westerns and his only published poetry. This copy became separated from the other signed books; by the time it made its way to us, it had been grouped erroneously with a wide collection of science fiction novels. Despite missing its dust jacket, this copy's clothboard covers still retain a vibrant green color and grain texture. A fine addition to a true L'Amour fan's collection. ; Thin Small 8vo 7½" - 8" tall; 62 pp; Signed by Author .
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Back of Beyond Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Smoke from This Altar
- L'Amour, Louis
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good with no dust jacket
- First Edition; First Printing
- Lusk Publishing Company
- Place of Publication
- Oklahoma City
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Back of Beyond Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2022
Ask Seller a Question
About Back of Beyond Books
Located in the heart of the desert southwest Back of Beyond Books is an indie bookstore in Moab, Utah. The name of the store was drawn from one of Edward Abbey's most well-known fiction titles, The Monkey Wrench Gang. We specialize in natural history, environmental literature, southwestern guidebooks & maps, Native American books, and Western history. But we also carry a wild assortment of fiction, science, philosophy, current affairs, rare books, and generally other cool stuff.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.