Soldiers West: Biographies from the Military Frontier
by HUTTON, Paul Andrew (editor)
- Very Good+ in Very Good+ dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press. Very Good+ in Very Good+ dust jacket. 1987. First Edition. Hardcover. 080322334X . A first edition of a collection of biographies of 14 notable US Military figures who played roles in exploring and/or keeping the peace in the American West. Includes such names as Stephen Long, William Clark, Philip Sheridan, George Custer, George Crook and others; also with several maps. Each profile written by eminent historians, and with black & white portrait of the subject. Edited by Paul Andrew Hutton, with an introduction by Robert M. Utley. --- In full tan cloth-covered boards with white spine titling. Jacket features color reproduction of Frederic Remington's "The Quest" to front panel. --- An about Very Good+ copy: clean, tightly-bound and bright, though about 1/3 of spine titling has flaked off, prior owner's signature to front endpaper and dampness-caused minor rippling to a few leaves. Dust jacket with small tears and creases to edges, else intact and wrapped in removable mylar protector.; Tall Octavo - 9 to 10 in. tall; xiii, 276 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Soldiers West: Biographies from the Military Frontier
- HUTTON, Paul Andrew (editor)
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+ in Very Good+ dust jacket
- First Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- University of Nebraska Press
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir; >>Military and Military Leaders;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]