SOMETHING CHILDISH: and Other Stories
by Mansfield, Katherine
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Constable & Co Ltd, (1924). First edition, second issue (the first is very rare) with "First published, 1924" on copyright page. Light offset to endpapers, minor soiling to page edges, touch of rubbing to spine ends and corners, small crease on front bottom edge, otherwise very good to near fine, in dust jacket with panels and flaps in very good condition, but spine somewhat darkend and rubbed, with closed tear along front spine fold, and a few chips; still, tight and complete.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
Quill & Brush
We accept checks in U.S. dollars, PayPal, and all major credit cards.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2007
Ask Seller a Question
About Quill & Brush
Quill & Brush was established in 1976 by Allen & Patricia Ahearn, the authors of the well-respected reference for booksellers and collectors, Collected Books: The Guide to Identification and Values.At present the Quill & Brush is run by the Ahearns' eldest daughter, Beth Fisher. Allen is semi-retired but continues to buy, sell, and perform professional appraisals.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A technique of printing where the inked image or text is ... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The portion of a book cover or cover jacket that folds into the book from front to back. The flap can contain biographical... [More]