Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Clairvaux: Trianon Press, 1975. Facsimile. Fine. Quarto, 8 plates, 8 pp. commentary by Keynes with another plate, and 22 additional progressive proof plates, and with a metal pochoir stencil mounted at the end. Full brown morocco, a fine copy in slipcase. Special publisher's de luxe copy. Copy B of 26 lettered de luxe copies with the extra plates showing the progressive stages of the collotype and hand-stencil process. The total edition also inlcuded thirty two deluxe copies bound in full morocco each containing a set of plates showing the progressive stages, and 400 copies bound in quarter morocco with hand marbled paper sides. "In the last plate Los is seen with his blacksmith's hammer kneeling on a fiery cloud, contemplating the launching of his crimson sun of poetry into space" (from Keyne's commentary, plate 11). One of Blake's more confusing prophetic books.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Archives Fine Books (AU)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Song of Los
- Blake, William
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Quantity available
- Trianon Press
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Printing, illumination, prophecy, collotype, hand-stencil, pochoir
Terms of Sale
Archives Fine Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2021
Ask Seller a Question
About Archives Fine Books
Archives Fine Books has been serving readers, collectors and institutions since 1985. Located in a heritage listed building in the heart of Brisbane's business district, it boasts a large inventory of fine second hand, collectible and rare books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- marbled paper
- Decorative colored paper that imitates marble with a veined, mottled, or swirling pattern. Commonly used as the end papers or...[more]
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original...[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...[more]