Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
NY: P.J. Kenedy, 1916. First Edition. Inscribed by Gaffney on the half-title page: "Appreciation of Francis A. Gaffney, P.O." Born in Newark, NJ, in 1863, after being ordained Gaffney was assigned to many of the Dominican parishes in the Province of St. Joseph in Ohio. With the signature of "John R. Dooley, O.P." I believe Rev. Dooley as somehow associated with The Cloisters in New York. 12mo., cloth & boards with original paper title labels; top edge gilt; 163 pages). Many pages remain uncut so an unread copy. Frontispiece Of Gaffney.. Very Good (covers very nice; contents clean & tight).
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Antic Hay Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- SONNETS AND OTHER VERSES
- GAFFNEY, Rev. Francis A
- Frontispiece Of Gaffney.
- 12mo., cloth & boards with original paper title labels; top edge gilt; 163 pages). Many pages remain uncut so an unread copy
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- First Edition. Inscribed by Gaffney on the half-title page: &quo
- P.J. Kenedy
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Antic Hay Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 10 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2007
Asbury Park, New Jersey
Ask Seller a Question
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]