THE SONNETS OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE. Text taken from the Cambridge edition
by SHAKESPEARE. WILLIAM.;
- See description
London, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Robert Riviere and Son Ltd. London.,1928. 8vo.vi,155pp. (7.7 x 6.2 inches). Printed, on hand made paper by F. J. Head & Co., by Charles Whittingham and Griggs (printers), Ltd at the Chiswick Press, London. Finely bound in recent full red morocco, spine with five raised bands, compartments ruled, elaborately decorated and lettered in gilt. Black title label, gilt. Single ruled gilt border on boards. Top edge gilt., others untrimmed. A beautifully leather bound copy.:
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Paul Foster Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- THE SONNETS OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE. Text taken from the Cambridge edition
- SHAKESPEARE. WILLIAM.;
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- Robert Riviere and Son Ltd. London.,1928
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fine bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Foster Books
All books fully guaranteed. Any book found not ot be as described may be returned for a full refund within seven days of receipt. Please notify before returning any books. All items remain the property of Paul Foster Books until paid for in full. Payment by instalment acceptable for high value items. Please ask. ----- Full Member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association, I.L.A.B, and PBFA
About the Seller
About Paul Foster Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Raised Band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- Top Edge Gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pages...