Le Spectacle de la Nature, ou Entretiens sur les Particulartes de L’Histoire Naturelle, qui ont paru les plus propres a vendre les Jeunes- Gens Curieux, & a leur former l-esprit.
by [Pluche, Noel Antoine
- very good
- Very Good
Standard Delivery: 6 to 15 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Seconde Partie, contenant ce qui regarde les dehors & l’interieur de la Terre. Tome second. Paris: Chez la Veuve Estienne & Fils, 1744. First edition (pp. xxiv, 468). Small octavo (17 cm) polished calf, five raised bands, titles and decorations to spine (worn). Complete with frontis and thirty-six folding copperplate engravings, decorative head and tailpieces; rubricated edges. Bottom edge of spine lightly worn, last plate misfolded. Quite an attractive copy.
- Trillium Antiquarian Books (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Le Spectacle de la Nature, ou Entretiens sur les Particulartes de L’Histoire Naturelle, qui ont paru les plus propres a vendre les Jeunes- Gens Curieux, & a leur former l-esprit.
- [Pluche, Noel Antoine
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
Terms of Sale
Trillium Antiquarian Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Trillium Antiquarian Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]