Sport in Many Lands, in Two Volumes, Vol. II only
by H. A. L. ("The Old Skekarry); [LEVESON, Henry Astbury]
- Poor with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Chapman and Hall. Poor with no dust jacket. 1877. Hardcover. Volume II only of the author's guide to hunting in various worldwide locations, from the American West to Southern Africa. Illustrated throughout in black & white by unspecfied artist(s), depicting various animals and their hunters. --- In full olive cloth-covered boards with gilt-stamped spine titling. --- This book has seen its better days, with exposed mull at front hinge, torn out first few endpapers at front of volume and very loose title page, along with inked gift inscription dated 1891 to title page and discoloration & small tears to cloth. Overall, the binding is holding in this scarce item but with obvious damages and priced accordingly.; Octavo (8 to 9 in. tall); 295 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Sport in Many Lands, in Two Volumes, Vol. II only
- H. A. L. ("The Old Skekarry); [LEVESON, Henry Astbury]
- Book condition
- Used - Poor with no dust jacket
- Chapman and Hall
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A book with significant wear and faults. A poor condition book is still a reading copy with the full text still readable. Any... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]