THE STUDIO. An illustrated magazine of fine and applied art. Volume Five
by STUDIO. ; Various authors and artists
- See description
London, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Offices of the Studio. London. 1895. Volume Five. 4to. Fully illustrated throughout. Bound in early full green morocco with bevelled edged boards. Spine with raised bands, each with gilt piping. Compartments double ruled, lettered and decorated in gilt. White vellum inlay on the front cover incorporated into a gilt reproduction of the well known original design used on the cloth bound copies of this volume, within a double ruled border edge. Rear board with gilt double ruled line border. Gilt inner dentelles. Silk endpapers. All edges gilt. The binding is unsigned but is certainly the work of a master bookbinder. It is possible that this volume was bound for the publisher's salesmen of the Studio as a promotional tool.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Paul Foster Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- THE STUDIO. An illustrated magazine of fine and applied art. Volume Five
- STUDIO. ; Various authors and artists
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- Offices of the Studio. London. 1895
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fine bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Foster Books
All books fully guaranteed. Any book found not ot be as described may be returned for a full refund within seven days of receipt. Please notify before returning any books. All items remain the property of Paul Foster Books until paid for in full. Payment by instalment acceptable for high value items. Please ask. ----- Full Member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association, I.L.A.B, and PBFA
About the Seller
About Paul Foster Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Raised Band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Vellum is a sheet of specialty prepared skin of lamb, calf, or goat kid used for binding a book or for printing and writing. ...
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...