Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Contains all proof of first printing 'stoppped' on p. 181, 'downstaris' on p 169 and 'Book Three' on p 235.
A beautiful copy in tight binding with most minor wear to bottom board. Spine title label has some cracking as per photos. Cover label excellent.
Erased pencil signature indentation on inside page as per photo.
Original well preserved black cloth with gold labels to spine and front board.
Housed in brodart clear plastic protective cover and presented in individual hard slip case.
Very rare 1st issue unrestored dust jacket, an uncommon find for discerning collectors.
A true 1st edition with Dust Jacket of one of the most collectable appreciating 20th century classics approaching its centenary in 2026.
Many more photographs available on request.
Based on real events and acquaintances of Hemingway, Sun Also Rises is about American and English expats in Pamplona.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
This was the one book I never read from EH. I have to say it is an outstanding achievement of the human experience. What a book! Finishing it gives you a feeling of what's real, eternal and why our lives are full of contradictions.
This book is a classic for any shelf. I recommend starting out with this story if you're not familiar with Hemingway's work.
- Always Collectable (IE)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Sun Also Rises
- Ernest Hemingway
- Binding tight.
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition 1st Printing 1st Issue Dust Jacket
- Charles Scribner.
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- 1st First Edition Dust Jacket Hemingway
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About Always Collectable
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Generally used to refer to a clear plastic cover that is sometimes added to the dustjacket or outside covering of a book. The...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- slip case
- A protective sleeve, often made of decorative cardboard or leather which houses a book. It is open on one end, so as to allow...[more]