Symphony No. 2 'Antar', Op. 9 (1875/1903 revision): study score
by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
98 Copies Available from This Seller
Standard Delivery: 10 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Rimsky-Korsakov's second excursion into the symphonic form came early in his career (1869) but underwent two major revisions, in 1875 and 1897. The second version of 1875 was modified in 1903 due to his publisher Bessel's refusal to engrave the new plates required for the final version of 1897. This 1875/1903 revision became the most popular version for many decades, as the final version of 1897 did not appear in print until nearly a decade after the composer's death. This colorful, exotic symphony - later termed a "symphonic suite" by its composer, is easily the best known of the three composed by the great Russian master of orchestral writing . The study score offered here is a digitally-enhanced reprint of the one issued around 1947 by the Soviet State publishing house.
8.25 x 11 inches, 152 pages.
Original issue - Moscow: Muzgiz, 1946
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Serenissima Music, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Symphony No. 2 'Antar', Op. 9 (1875/1903 revision)
- Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
- Book condition
- New New
- Quantity available
- First edition thus
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Serenissima Music, Inc.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, Symphony No.2, Antar, Suite Symphonique, Op. 9, Muzgiz, orchestra, music score, study score, partitur
- Bookseller catalogs
- Study scores; MUSIC / Reference;
Terms of Sale
Serenissima Music, Inc.
Checks must clear prior to shipment. Returns permitted up to 90 days for any reason for full refund on our own publications provided item is returned in same condition as shipped. Return for up to 30 days for other publications for any reason provided item is returned in original condition.
About the Seller
About Serenissima Music, Inc.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]