Tales from Bernard Shaw told in the Jungle.
by SHAW, Bernard. MORRIS, Gwladys Evan
- See description
LONDON, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Harrap, London., 1929. First edition. Royal octavo. 216 pages. Illustrations, including colour plates, by Phyllis A. Trery. Quarter vellum covers with parchment boards with a gilt vignette of Shaw as Pan on front. Top edge gilt. Pages unopened. Gwladys Evan Morris was a Welsh actress who appeared in many of Shaw's plays. This appears to be her only book.One of 200 numbered copies. Presentation copy from the author, inscribed on the second title-page: ''To dear Peggie - Gwladys Evan Morris, Sept 1939''.Head of spine bumped, otherwise fine in rubbed and splitting card slipcase.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Peter Ellis bookseller (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Tales from Bernard Shaw told in the Jungle.
- SHAW, Bernard. MORRIS, Gwladys Evan
- Book condition
- Harrap, London.
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Peter Ellis bookseller
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2009
Ask Seller a Question
About Peter Ellis bookseller
A shop in one of the last remaining bookselling enclaves of London, with a carefully selected stock of modern first editions, art and illustrated books, travel literature and other subjects. Known for books in fine condition.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A state in which all or some of the pages of a book have not been separated from the adjacent pages, caused by a traditional... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been... [More]
- Vellum is a sheet of specialty prepared skin of lamb, calf, or goat kid used for binding a book or for printing and writing. ... [More]
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pages... [More]
- Pages or book covering made from a prepared animal skin. Parchment describes any animal skin used for books, while vellum is a... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ... [More]