TALES OF CONAN
by Howard, Robert E. and L. Sprague De Camp
- Age darkening to text block (as usual), some rubbing to lower board edges, a nearly fine copy in a very good dust jacket with mi
Laurel, Maryland, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Gnome Press Inc. Publishers, . First edition, first binding (Currey "A"). Age darkening to text block (as usual), some rubbing to lower board edges, a nearly fine copy in a very good dust jacket with mild to spine ends, a little color fade of the orange ink of the title lettering on the spine panel, a small stain to the lower rear panel. (28886). Octavo, jacket art by Ed Emshwiller, red boards lettered in black. The sixth Gnome Press Conan volume. Collects "The Blood-Stained God," "Hawks Over Shem," "The Road of the Eagles" and "The Flame-Knife," four previously unpublished Howard stories converted into supernatural stories featuring Conan by L. Sprague de Camp who notes that the "stories are still about four-fifths Howard.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- John W. Knott, Jr., Bookseller, ABAA/ILAB (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- TALES OF CONAN
- Howard, Robert E. and L. Sprague De Camp
- Book Condition
- Used - Age darkening to text block (as usual), some rubbing to lower board edges, a nearly fine copy in a very good dust jacket with mi
- Quantity Available
- First edition, first binding (Currey "A")
- Gnome Press Inc. Publishers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Fantasy . SC
Terms of Sale
John W. Knott, Jr., Bookseller, ABAA/ILAB
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2017
Ask Seller a Question
About John W. Knott, Jr., Bookseller, ABAA/ILAB
John W. Knott, Jr., BooksellerABAA/ILABFine First Editions
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Text Block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book....
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.