Tales of Swordfish and Tuna
by Grey, Zane
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
NY: Harper & Brothers. NF. 1927. 1st Edition. Hardcover. Stated first edition with the correct "H-B" code on the copyright page . 7 3/4" x 10 3/4", 203 page hardcover is bound in blue cloth with gold stamped decorations and lettering. Pictorial endpapers. 90 black and white illustrations taken from photographs and drawings by Frank E. Phares. A Near Fine copy in a VG- dust jacket. The covers show tiny rub marks at the corners and spine tips but are otherwise bright and clean . The interior shows light foxing to the upper edge of the first photograph else clean, tight and unmarked. The dust jacket has short edge t ears at the spine tips that have been repaired on the verso with tape. Former owner's 2 3/4" x 4" bookplate is affixed to the front endpaper . Rubs and frays to the corners and spine tips. Heavy rubbing along the front fold. Small tears with a horizontal crease along the width of the front panel at its lower edge. Creases at its upper edge. Dust soiling to the rear panel. Shipping weight is approximately five pounds . Additional charges will apply to international orders. .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Dearly Departed Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Tales of Swordfish and Tuna
- Grey, Zane
- Book condition
- Used - NF
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- Harper & Brothers
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Dearly Departed Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2009
Ask Seller a Question
About Dearly Departed Books
Selling books since 1978. We specialize in SF, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Western & Pulp Fiction. With an inventory of more than 35,000 Hardcover 1st editions, Vintage Paperbacks , Pulp Magazines & general antiquarian books. Store front open by chance or appointment.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of... [More]