TANGLEWOOD TALES (For Girls and Boys; Being A Second Wonder Book)
by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- VG++/No Jacket as Issued
Mansonville, Quebec, Canada
Standard delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Tanglewood Tales for Boys and Girls , published in1853, is a book by American author Nathaniel Hawthorne, a sequel to A Wonder-Book for Girls and Boys. It is a re-writing of well-known Greek myths in a volume for children. The book includes the myths of: Theseus and the Minotaur (Chapter : "The Minotaur") Antaeus and the Pygmies (Chapter: "The Pygmies") Dragon's Teeth (Chapter: "The Dragon's Teeth") Circe's Palace (Chapter: "Circe's Palace") Proserpina, Ceres, Pluto, and the Pomegranate Seed (Chapter: "The Pomegranate Seed") Jason and the Golden Fleece (Chapter: "The Golden Fleece")
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- jakoll (CA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- TANGLEWOOD TALES (For Girls and Boys; Being A Second Wonder Book)
- Nathaniel Hawthorne
- George Wharton Edwards
- Book Condition
- Used - VG++
- Jacket Condition
- No Jacket as Issued
- Later Edition
- Houghton-Mifflin Co.
- Place of Publication
- Boston-New York
- Date Published
- 4to - over 9¾" - 12" tall
Terms of Sale
Payment must be received within 7 working days. Payments by cheque will be held 10 working days to clear. Full refund of purchase price only if item has been misdescribed as pertains to condition. Mailing costs non-refundable. Item must be returned in the same condition as it was originally sent out for refund conditions to apply.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Fine Binding
- An elaborate and decorative binding, example including a leather-bound book with gilt edges, raised blind stamps, raised ribs,...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Beveled edges, or beveled boards, describe a technique of binding in which the edges of book boards have been cut into slanted...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The heel of the spine.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...