Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Has 1917 date on title page, plus the dedication to son Hulbert Burroughs on the dedication page, which matches the McClurg book #3 in Bergen's Burroughs Biography.
The Son of Tarzan is Edgar Rice Burroughs' fourth novel in the Tarzan series. First serialized between 1915 and 1916 in All-Story Weekly, it was published as a novel in 1917. Narrowly surviving his encounter with his enemy Tarzan in The Beasts of Tarzan, Alexis Paulvitch has a score to settle. He lures Tarzan's son Jack away from London and captures him, only to have Jack escape into the jungle that Tarzan once called home. With the help of an ape named Akut, Jack soon finds his place among the great apes, as his father did before him. But after rescuing the beautiful young woman named Meriem, the disaffected young man and the mistreated young woman must learn to live and love together in the dangerous jungle.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Attic Books (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Son of Tarzan
- BURROUGHS, Edgar Rice; ST. JOHN, J. Allen (illus.)
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Quantity available
- First Canadian Edition
- Toronto News Company, Limited
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Genre, Adventure, Jungle, Tarzan
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Attic Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]