The Son of Tarzan.
by BURROUGHS, Edgar Rice
- A former owner has added glue to the opening after the half-title, which shows, and affects the openability of the first few lea
Rochester, New York
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Son of Tarzan is Edgar Rice Burroughs' fourth novel in the Tarzan series. First serialized between 1915 and 1916 in All-Story Weekly, it was published as a novel in 1917. Narrowly surviving his encounter with his enemy Tarzan in The Beasts of Tarzan, Alexis Paulvitch has a score to settle. He lures Tarzan's son Jack away from London and captures him, only to have Jack escape into the jungle that Tarzan once called home. With the help of an ape named Akut, Jack soon finds his place among the great apes, as his father did before him. But after rescuing the beautiful young woman named Meriem, the disaffected young man and the mistreated young woman must learn to live and love together in the dangerous jungle.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Son of Tarzan.
- BURROUGHS, Edgar Rice
- With Illustrations by J. Allen St. John.
- Publisher's lettered cloth.
- Book condition
- Used - A former owner has added glue to the opening after the half-title, which shows, and affects the openability of the first few lea
- First edition.
- A. C. McClurg & Co.,
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- 394 pp.
Terms of Sale
Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books
About the Seller
About Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]