The Son of Tarzan (Tarzan Series 4)
by Burroughs, Edgar Rice
- Very good in good dust jacket. Custom printed small bookplate: "Nevada M. Lemountain". Sun fade to jacket spine, makin
Newport, New Hampshire
Standard Delivery: 2 to 8 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Son of Tarzan is Edgar Rice Burroughs' fourth novel in the Tarzan series. First serialized between 1915 and 1916 in All-Story Weekly, it was published as a novel in 1917. Narrowly surviving his encounter with his enemy Tarzan in The Beasts of Tarzan, Alexis Paulvitch has a score to settle. He lures Tarzan's son Jack away from London and captures him, only to have Jack escape into the jungle that Tarzan once called home. With the help of an ape named Akut, Jack soon finds his place among the great apes, as his father did before him. But after rescuing the beautiful young woman named Meriem, the disaffected young man and the mistreated young woman must learn to live and love together in the dangerous jungle.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Hedgehog's Whimsey Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Son of Tarzan (Tarzan Series 4)
- Burroughs, Edgar Rice
- St. John, J. Allen (Illustrations by).
- Hard cover
- Book condition
- Used - Very good in good dust jacket. Custom printed small bookplate: "Nevada M. Lemountain". Sun fade to jacket spine, makin
- Quantity available
- First edition. McClure copyright 1917.
- A.L. Burt Company / A.C. McClure & Co.
- Place of Publication
- New York.
- Date published
- St. John, J. Allen, artist|Korak, Son of Tarzan
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fantasy & Science Fiction;
Terms of Sale
Hedgehog's Whimsey Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. Return postage is not offered for returns considered discretionary. Please read the description of the item or book thoroughly before placing an order. A few photos specific to the book may be requested before ordering. Shipping is most economical by media mail, and quickest by U.S. Priority Mail. Occasionally a lightweight item will be upgraded to 1st Class Mail domestically as a courtesy. Heavy and / or large items to be shipped internationally often require additional postage, mutually agreed upon via biblio.com.
About the Seller
About Hedgehog's Whimsey Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]