by Shakespeare William
- Near Fine Condition/Near Fine
Roslindale, Massachusetts, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 4 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Tempest is one of Shakespeare’s last solo-written plays. This tragedy tells the story of an exiled ruler who uses magic to restore his daughter to power and argues that the powerful must show mercy. First performed in 1611, The Tempest has been put to varied interpretations, from those that see it as a fable of art and creation, with Prospero representing Shakespeare, and Prospero's renunciation of magic signaling Shakespeare's farewell to the stage, to interpretations that consider it an allegory of Europeans colonizing foreign lands. O wonder! How many goodly creatures are there here! How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world That has such people in ’t! (V.i.)
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Pazzo Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Tempest
- Shakespeare William
- Rackham, Arthur
- Hardcover (Quarter Vellum)
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine Condition
- Jacket Condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity Available
- First Edition
- William Heinemann and Doubleday
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Theatre & Plays; NOISBN
Terms of Sale
Returns accepted for any reason within 30 days of shipment - full refund less shipping. If we have made a mistake, we will pay shipping both ways. Institutions billed according to their requirements.
About the Seller
About Pazzo Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Top Edge Gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pages...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...
- Vellum is a sheet of specialty prepared skin of lamb, calf, or goat kid used for binding a book or for printing and writing. ...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...