Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Londion: The Travel Book Club, 1942. Cloth. Reprint. First of this edition by the Travel Book Club. published under wartime conditions on cheap paper. Illustrated with photographs and diagrams. Profi les ten peaks: Snowden, Ben Nevis, Mount Cook, The Matterhorn, Ushba, Mont Blanc, Mount Logan, Nanga Parbat, Kangchenjunga, and Mount Everest. Spine sunned and paper just begiining to brown at margins . Good.. Hardcover. Good/No Jacket. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Great Expectations Rare Books (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- Ten Great Mountains
- Irving, R.L.G
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- The Travel Book Club
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- MOUNTAINS, MOUNTAINEERING
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Great Expectations Rare Books
All books are described in general dealer terms and we make every effort to list descriptions accurately and conservatively. Books may be returned for any reason within 10 days. We ask that customers email us before returning items. For oversize books, multi-volume titles and sets postage will charged accordingly and customer contacted with additional postage costs.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2005
Staten Island, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Great Expectations Rare Books
We carry a general stock of antiquarian books with a focus on Charles Dickens, 19th and 20th century literature, history and biography.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.