Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
LONDON : John van Voorst, 1856 A classic work on the natural history of the sea shore. It gives a detailed record of a summer holiday that Gosse spent in Tenby studying the shoreline and the wide variety of species that he found. it has 24 partly coloured plates of sea creatures - some microscopic. It is in the original green decorative cloth binding which has had a cloth case repair. It has a new green cloth spine to match with leather label and gilt titles. The contents are tight and in generally good condition with some brown spotting. A previous owner has written the magnification (x110) in ink at the bottom of one of the plates.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- E C Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Tenby: a sea-side holiday
- Philip Henry Gosse
- P H Gosse and Vincent Brooks
- Decorative Cloth
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- John van Voorst
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Coastal, marine animals, microscopy, Gosse, Vincent Brooks
- Bookseller catalogs
- NATURAL HISTORY; Freshwater and Marine Life, including fish and fishing;
Terms of Sale
E C Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2011
Ask Seller a Question
About E C Books
E C Books is a small online bookselling business, specialising in pre 20th century works:natural history, science, history, and travel, aiming for rarer and more unusual books. Our largest stock area is Natural History, where we have a good range of books from the 1700-1800's, many finely illustrated. Other areas include children's books, particularly late 1800's-early 1900's - again illustrated; and literature pre 1900.When you order books from us we ensure that they are properly packed to protect condition, and we always use recorded or 'signed for' postal services for more secure delivery. Please note that we have recently moved to the beautiful Orkney Islands, where we intend to open a bookshop over the next year. Because of our location we cannot guarantee 'next day' delivery but we will get your purchase to you as quickly and safely as we can.Please note that the buyer is responsible for the payment of any tax or duty on import.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.