Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Methuen & Co. London. 1898. First UK edition. 2 Volumes. Royal Octavo. xx, 663, pp; xii, , 667-1278. Each volume complete with tissue guarded photogravure frontispieces, folding maps to rear, and nearly 300 illustrations from photographs and drawings by the author. Original green cloth, gilt lettering to spine, gilt vignette, rules and lettering to upper boards. Top edge gilt, others untrimmed. Renewed endpapers. Occasional light foxing. Light toning to maps, with slight fraying to edge of map to Vol. I. Slightly rubbed and bumped to corners and head and tail of spine.
Sven Hedin (1865-1952) Swedish explorer, geographer, photographer, artist. His outstanding mapping, photographs and illustrations can only be truly appreciated in the early editions of this work.
"A plain account of my journeys through Asia during the years 1893 to 1897."
These volumes are heavy: extra shipping costs may be incurred.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Through Asia
- Hedin, Sven
- Book condition
- Used - See item description
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; The Middle East, India and Asia; Fine Bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- The heel of the spine.