Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Harper & Brothers Publishers, 1899. First Edition. hard cover. Good. http://www.parnassusbooks.com/image/data/books/2018/01/0_dsc02770.jpg. New York: Harper & Brothers Publishers. 1899. Two volumes. First Edition. Illustrated with nearly 300 illustrations from sketches and photographs by the author. Ex-library. Top edge gilt, foredge deckled. xviii+649pp, and xii+ pages 651-1255. Good+ condition. Covers moderately worn with cracks/soiling to spine fabric, and bumped corners; gilt title and cover decoration still bright. Library markings include spine numbering, sticker to front pastedown, and internal margin stamps. Otherwise internally clean, square and securely bound. Both maps present and in excellent condition. A profusely illustrated account of Swedish explorer Hedin's expedition through Asia duriing 1893-1897. (cfm)
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Parnassus Book Service (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- THROUGH ASIA (TWO VOLUMES)
- Hedin, Sven
- Hard cover
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Harper & Brothers Publishers
- Date published
- SVEN HEDIN, ASIA, EXPLORATION
Terms of Sale
Parnassus Book Service
Massachusetts residents must add 6.25% state sales tax. Methods of payment: Visa, MC, Discover, Check. Postage. USPS Media Mail is $4.00 for first book, $1.00 for each additional book. UPS and USPS Priority will be at cost. Some books, as noted in offerings, will be at cost. Overseas postage will be at cost. All items returnable with prior arrangement up to 10 days of receipt.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2016
Ask Seller a Question
About Parnassus Book Service
Ben Muse began selling books from the former Knowles General Store in 1959. Now in our third generation, we are a famiy-run, general book store selling new and old (often rare) books as well as issuing specialty catalogs on a variety of subjects: Americana, Latin America, Maritime, Art, the Orient and a variety of other subjects. If you can't find what you are looking for here on the web, please contact us directly at our Yarmouthport shop -- or better yet stop by to browse and talk. We look forward to seeing you.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]